Thursday, January 9, 2014

2nd WLS Support Group

This support group went way better than the first one. There was no "topic" or presenter.  It was just an open discussion.  I expressed how I was pretty freaked out and had just about talked myself out of this whole surgery business.  The idea of having surgery...of having an IV put in...of being cut open...and my stomach REMOVED was just getting a bit overwhelming. 

At the group there was a woman who totally related because she had actually gone through the whole process once before and CHICKENED out.  She said that she is going to DO it this time. Her surgery is 1/30/14.  She made a lot of sense.  She said everyone she knows that has had it only regrets not doing it sooner.  She is right.  I have to remember that not having this surgery isnt going to prevent me from every having surgery...if I don't have this surgery I will probably end up needing 3 other ones (and more serious ones).  I have a lot of health problems from my weight. 

There was also this girl there who had the bypass and has lost 113 pounds.  She ran her first 5k.  We talked about everything.  We talked about the nutritionist and what to tell people who ask about our weight loss. She is very open and tells people.  I don't think I can do that. 

I even got a fake Facebook page so that I could join the group's facebook page.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment